Thursday, May 6, 2010

love me or hate me

With the elections just around the corner, I think it’s timely my fingers start working and my mind begins thinking aloud.

The Filipino citizens have 9 presidential candidates to choose from; all with their respective credentials and unique capacities to head and unite the most beautiful nation in Southeast Asia. However, media is doing a great job confusing us Filipinos on who to vote for. I, for one, have not been affected by all this frenzy. Believe it or not, I have always been a solid Manny Villar supporter.


SAY WHAT!???


Yeaaap, Manny Villar is my presidential bet. Proud to say, win or lose he’ll always be my hero. Why? Because I once attended this seminar in my alma mater and there was this professor who represented St. Paul Island Park, Cavite. When we ate lunch together, she told me that the school’s land was donated by Senator Manny Villar.


My close friends know how proud I am to be a Paulinian; BSN 2007, Compatissantes Dames de Jesus, ranked third nationwide in the June 2007 Nurses’ Licensure Examination. I’m such a die-hard (LOL) that I have plans of sending my future daughter to school at St. Paul College Pasig—Paulinian blood-line lang syempre! 


Enough segue…


Anyway, with this sort of school spirit, I support anybody who provides assistance or donates to the St. Paul schools. Some of you may think it’s a shallow reason, but here, allow me to serve you another one.


I’ve always been irritated hearing the C5 Road extension project issue over and over again on TV Patrol. Sometimes it surprises me how Filipinos get easily influenced by media. Hello (!!!) my fellow patriots to the Philippine flag, have we forgotten the Macapagal Freeway in Pasay City?? It cost so much money that I had a feeling solid gold was mixed in with the cement! Yeah it stirred up an issue, but aren’t we drag racers thankful for its creation? Aren’t them Manila Doctors College alumni and students grateful to have that solid piece of concrete? And those secretly dating in Blue Wave… Actions speak louder than words. Ha ha


It’s the same enchilada for the C5 Road Extension, I actually think it’s a breath of fresh air for all those homeowners/lot owners in the area. Let’s erase the fact that they are Manny Villar’s estates, and focus on the families already living in the area. With the extension’s existence, I’d like to believe that family members safely arrive home earlier than before, making more time for them to be together—which I think is the essence of creating a family. Those who heartlessly criticize the issue probably don’t even a family to go home to. Sucks for them.


So for that… Cheers Manny Villar.


Next: Bayani Fernando.


Yes, he’s my vice-president; for I know he’ll be painting the town pink—my favorite color! Ha ha, kidding aside, he’s the only person with an iron hand in the government. I’m amazed how he was able to clear up major areas of the city. Drivers, commuters, and pedestrians alike all have something to be thankful for. Even if he doesn’t articulate his ideas well impromptu, he doesn’t need to speak for all the work he’s done.


His wife is also on the same side of the coin, look at her city after Ondoy. Marikina, Antipolo, and Pasig were all devastated like no other, yet it was only Marikina that quickly rose above the three. All areas of the city were cleaned up that not an obvious trace of the catastrophe was evident. Behind every successful man is an equally successful woman. This is the way to go.


These two candidates didn’t ride on other people’s achievements. What happened 24 years ago is so history and a beautiful wife won’t attract voters (eh hello wife mo nga e! what can male voters do pa?? Election 2010 isn’t a Cosmopolitan poll.)


So to my beloved Noypis, may the force be with you.


Yes, you’ve read it right. I was just using up some world wide web space here….


….I am NOT a registered voter.


Ha ha ha ha ha :P






No comments:

Post a Comment